The success of “Papers” is based on wide support
from individuals and organizations nationwide!
The purpose of Papers is to provide a tool for individuals and
organizations nationwide to raise awareness about the lives of
undocumented youth and educate audiences about what they can do
to help make change on behalf of these extraordinary young
Once the film reaches a screen, we want organizations like
yours, who do the daily work of making our communities and
country a better place for all, to invite the audience to join
your efforts! “Papers” is not an ongoing
organization. We want this film to be an inspiration and an
encouragement to audiences to get involved with your efforts.
For that reason, we encourage individuals or organizations to
co-host their own local events. It’s an opportunity to use
the film to bring people together and provide your audience with
information after the film about how they can participate in and
support your work on these issues. You may also use the
screening as an opportunity to raise funds for your
In order to cover the costs of making this film, we are
asking co-hosting organizations to donate a set fee to
“Papers” for rental of the film for screening. The
fees are determined by estimated audience size.
- $250 audience of 50 or fewer people
- $500 audience of 50-100 people
- $1,000 audience of 100-300 people
- $1,500 audience of 300-500 people
- $2,000 audience of 500-600 people
- For audiences over 600 people, please contact for prices.
- For multiple screenings, please contact for prices.
- For independent theater screenings, please contact for prices.
If cost is prohibitive, please contact Brooke at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 503-282-8683.
Public & Private K-12 Schools:
- $250 flat fee rental per day
We set these prices so that your organization can either:
- Cover the full cost
- Raise funds or invite sponsors to cover the full cost
- Charge $5-$10 at the door to recover the full cost. Organizations may charge more and may keep any additional funds they raise at the door, unless donation is specifically designated for “Papers.”
*Sponsors have included local libraries, colleges (multicultural centers, student groups/clubs, ethnic studies departments, social work departments, law schools, fraternities/sororities, etc), immigration law firms, LGBT organizations, congregations, immigrant, human and civil rights advocacy groups, high schools, radio stations or a member of the community.
Free and Discounted Screening Opportunity for Immigrant Rights and LGBTQ Partnership!
Click for more information.
PAYMENT OF FEES
The fee must be paid in full three weeks prior to the event with
WHAT “PAPERS” PROVIDES:
- A copy of the film on DVD one week prior to screening. The film is 88 minutes, in English (we are fundraising to produce a subtitled version), and comes on DVD.
- Downloadable promotional materials
- Curriculum (in development…coming soon!)
SCHEDULE A SCREENING
To schedule a community screening, please:
- determine your time/date/location and potential sponsors
- fill out the inquiry form on this page and email or fax back to us
- from there, you will receive a rental agreement via email and instructions on payment, as well as downloadable promotional materials
- the DVD will be mailed to you within a week of your screening (in the event of a rush order, we ask that you cover the necessary shipping fees).
For more information, contact Brooke Wheatley at email@example.com or by phone at 503-282-8683.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES & INFORMATION
Contact us for information and the cost of havng "Papers" crew
member(s) present at your screening for a Question & Answer
session. For information on performances and Q&A by performers
Molina Soleil (Music Supervisor) and Aju, please
email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and check out their music at
“PAPERS” COMMUNITY SCREENING INQUIRY FORM